As managing principal and chief executive officer of HBK, Chris Allegretti provides strategic direction to the firm with a focus on enhancing the quality and depth of its services to provide the greatest value to HBKS® clients. He works with the HBKS® offices in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and Florida to ensure the firm’s investment in people and resources is focused on client goals and that services are rooted in the firm’s commitment to long-range planning and superior client service.
Mr. Allegretti joined HBK in 1985, serving in various staff, supervisory and management positions through 1993. He was named a principal in 1994. In 1999, with the intention of creating a holistic financial services organization to serve the broader financial interests of HBK clients, he co-authored the firm’s strategy to develop a wealth management firm. In 2000, the process was consummated with the acquisition of The Sorce Financial Group and the resulting establishment of HBKS® Wealth Advisors.
Serving as chairman of HBKS® Wealth Advisors, Mr. Allegretti became the first managing principal/CEO in HBS’s more than 60-year history in 2004. His vision for the firm includes maintaining its reputation and distinction as professionals of superior knowledge, experience and dedication to the highest level of client satisfaction.
Mr. Allegretti holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Edinboro University and has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement in Personal Financial Planning from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is active in professional and civic organizations, from state and national CPA associations to local youth sports. He has been a member of the BDO Seidman Alliance Advisory Council, and a director on the CAP Pro Advisors, Edinboro University and First National Bank Advisory boards.
Of the firm’s many accomplishments over the years, is there one thing you can point to as being most proud of?
First and foremost, you’ll hear me talk about people – passionate and caring people dedicated to the client experience, helping clients focus and live the life they aspire to live. I’m most proud that our firm attracts the kind of people who can have that intimate relationship with clients, which is why we got into this business in the first place. I get a particular sense of satisfaction out of seeing our people develop and grow and how they impact our clients’ lives, how we impact the communities we serve. That’s an immense satisfaction.
Describe the HBKS® culture.
Our culture is better expressed as our values, our principles, which have remained consistent since we first got into this business. Our organization, everyone here, is united by our dedication to serving our clients, to putting their interests ahead of our own, and to collaborating with each other to provide the appropriate expertise, the very best solutions we can develop for them. Our client relationships go beyond a financial plan. We stay close with our clients so that we can help them with the financial decisions they make that take them through every turn in their lives. Our culture attracts professionals who have that passion for helping clients.
It also is an open culture. That is, if you have something to say, speak up. When you care, you give up the right to be silent. We don’t want to be a firm where everyone walks around on pins and needles. The more honest and straightforward people we attract, the better client experience we provide and the better the opportunities that lie ahead.
What is the most fulfilling aspect of your work?
I’ve had many different jobs here, have done many of the firm’s jobs along the way to my current position. The most fulfilling aspect of it all has been and continues to be working with so many talented people. It comes back to my love and affection for genuinely kind and caring people, people with a passion who want to do rewarding work, who want to enjoy their lives, people who are passionate and bring that passion into their work lives.
We always consider our firm a work in progress, always striving to do better. We’re thankful for where we are and looking to the future, which will be shaped by the actions we take today. That’s exciting and fulfilling, anticipating where we’re going.
One of the most satisfying developments has been the ability to drive growth through mergers and acquisition with like-minded people with the same values and same sensibilities about people and their work. As an organization we don’t chase numbers, we chase people. With good people come good numbers, so we concentrate on who we are, how we behave and how we treat each other.
Our Principal Financial Advisor Group
- Christopher M. Allegretti, CPA Managing Principal and CEO
- Stephen C. Schramm, CFP®, CPA/PFS Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- R. Dean Piccirillo, CFP®, CRPS®, AIFA® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Richard C. Morrow, CPA, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Gerald W. Hall, WMS Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Ryan Furtwangler, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- David Darwish, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Scott Cross, CFA Principal, Chief Operating Officer
- Matthew Costigan, CFP®, CPA/PFS Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Quinto F. Ambrosetti, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Christopher N. Sorce, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Dan E. Baer, CPA, PFS Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- James A. Arcoraci, CRPC® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- William F. Casey, III Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Augustine A. Repetto, MST, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Brian Sommers, CFA Principal, Chief Investment Officer
- Gregory J. Sorce, CFP®, MSFS Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Steven Rinn, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Brittany Taylor, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor
- Brian Mallette, CFP® Principal, Senior Financial Advisor