We help you choose insurance solutions for you, your family, your business
Insurance is a critical component of a comprehensive financial plan, designed to protect your wealth and minimize the negative consequences of a premature death, significant disability or long-term illness. HBKS insurance specialists are a part of your advisory team, consulting on a wide array of independent insurance solutions and helping you implement important protections for your family.
Your advisor, working with our independent insurance agency, will help you select appropriate solutions and coverage for you and your family. Our role as your advocate ensures objectivity, and our access to multiple carriers and products eliminates the need for you to shop for the protection to effectively meet your needs.
Our specialists will examine your existing insurance coverage, evaluating every aspect of each policy, including cost effectiveness, sustainability at the current premium and soundness of the insurance carrier. Changes to these key aspects of your insurance plan, as well as changes in your own financial situation, can require new solutions.
Insurance strategies are essential components in your estate plan. Our independent agents work with you and your other trusted advisors to reduce the impact of gift and estate taxes, increase benefits for heirs, and address defective grantor trust and grantor retained annuity trusts.
We are experienced and knowledgeable in complex protection planning strategies, including:
- Corporate-owned life insurance
- Trust-based insurance used for estate planning purposes
- Key-person coverage
- Non-qualified deferred compensation
- Business continuation coverage
- Leveraged life insurance
About Life Insurance
We help you answer key questions:
- Do I need life insurance?
- What kind of insurance do I need and how much?
- What role does insurance play in my financial plan?
- Am I paying too much for my life insurance?
- Who should be the owner and beneficiaries of my insurance policies?
- If I were to die today, are my life insurance death benefit and other assets adequate to meet my family’s needs?
- Will the death benefit of my life insurance be included in my taxable estate for federal estate tax purposes?
About Disability Insurance
We help you understand different types of products:
- If I were to become disabled, will my disability insurance meet my family’s basic needs?
- If I were to become disabled, will my disability insurance protection allow our family to continue making contributions toward our long-term goals, such as retirement and our children’s education?
- What are the most important policy features for me and my family?
- What are disability income insurance riders?
- How do government-sponsored disability insurance programs integrate with private policies?
- How do disability income insurance policies define “disability” and “long-term vs. short-term”?
- Should I buy a non-cancelable or a guaranteed renewable policy?
About Long-Term Care Insurance
We help you make informed decisions:
- What is long-term care insurance and how does it work?
- Do I or others in my family need long-term care insurance?
- If I were to enter an assisted care facility, how would that impact my retirement and estate plans?
- If long-term care insurance is appropriate, which provisions are critical—daily benefit amount, benefit period, waiting period, inflation protection riders, etc.?
- How do you coordinate long-term care insurance with government benefits?
- Are long-term care insurance premiums tax deductible? Do I have the option to deduct all or a portion of my long-term care insurance premiums through my company or employer?