We help you develop a roadmap for retirement
We all want to live our retirement years securely and comfortably. Because we’re living longer, we can expect to spend more time in retirement than our parents and grandparents. Many couples have already spent as much of their lives in retirement as they did working. That’s great, but it also means we have to think differently about our retirement years.
We help you answer some key questions:
- Do I have enough to retire?
- How much do I need to accumulate now to retire successfully?
- How much income can I draw from my investments? Am I drawing too much?
- Will my retirement assets last throughout my remaining years?
- How might inflation impact the cost of retirement over my life expectancy?
- How can I be sure my spouse will be financially secure if I die first?
Your Financial Condition
We first examine your current financial position:
- Net worth and cash flow analysis
- Income and expenses
- Current retirement savings schedule
- Pension/qualified plan distributions and Social Security benefits
- Transition of business assets into retirement income
- Projections of retirement outcomes based on beginning dates and investment rate of return assumptions
Your Retirement Needs
We work with you to determine what you’ll need to live in retirement to maintain your desired lifestyle:
- We analyze your projected expenses and sources of income.
- We estimate the impact of inflation on your expected retirement expenses.
- We compare your resources to your expected needs, and if there are shortages, we provide recommendations on how to eliminate the deficiencies.
Monitoring Your Retirement Plan
We monitor your retirement viability to help you manage your assets and expenses for the long term and through varying investment market cycles. In our meetings with you, we update retirement planning schedules and projections to help you stay on track toward your retirement goals. And when you are retired, we continue our meetings to review your spending plans, income expectations and portfolio returns to gauge the sustainability of your retirement funds.