We work with you to build a comprehensive financial plan
Our relationship with you begins with financial planning, the critical first step to achieving your financial objectives. First, we get to know you, your goals and aspirations. We want to know where you stand relative to your goals—short-term, mid-term and long-term.
The planning process will help you and your advisor make informed decisions to better manage your finances and direct your future. The process results in a detailed personal financial analysis of each of your goals and your current progress toward them, and written recommendations with specific action steps designed to help you reach those goals.
Your personal financial plan will be based on independent, unbiased advice, and fully integrated with your tax and estate planning.
Understanding Your Goals
Through the planning process we address the topics most important to your financial future, such as:
- When would you like to retire?
- How much do you need to save for your children’s college education?
- What is your projected tax liability for the next three to five years?
- What will your income be if you are disabled, and how long will it last?
- What will be the financial impact to your family if you die?
- How much will it cost to settle your estate based on your current estate plan?
- What is your tolerance for risk?
- How much volatility is your investment portfolio currently exposed to, and what is the projected return on your portfolio?
Creating Your Financial Plan
You and your advisor have the support of HBKS experts in a vast array of financial disciplines to produce your recommended action plan. The plan will address all areas pertinent to your financial objectives, such as:
- Cash flow and retirement planning
- Asset management
- Asset and income protection
- Preservation of wealth
- Estate and trust administration
- Tax guidance
- Business succession
- Wealth transfer strategies
Understanding Tax Implications
Your HBKS advisor also has access to the tax and estate planning resources of HBK CPAs & Consultants, a “Top 100” U.S. accounting firm with expertise in personal income tax planning, corporate and business tax planning, and personal estate planning. Personal financial plans prepared by your financial advisor can reflect the input of HBK tax professionals.
Executing Your Financial Plan
After gathering and analyzing relevant data and developing recommendations, we work with you to implement the strategies outlined in your financial plan. You can be confident that you are entering a long-term, personal partnership with your advisor and HBKS.
Your plan is dynamic and will change as needed, whether that’s due to external drivers such as tax law revisions or your own changing needs and goals. To that end, we provide ongoing, periodic updates to keep your plan current. At your request, your HBKS advisor will work with your attorney, accountant and other key advisors to ensure your financial planning is well coordinated.