Articles from Rod Diaz
- Watch: CARES Act Retirement Plan Provisions and Relief
- FAQs for Plan Sponsors Suffering from Coronavirus Related Business Disruptions
- Retirement Plan Provisions of the CARES Act
- Reducing or Eliminating Safe Harbor 401(k) Contributions
- COVID-19 Is Not Our Only Sinister Foe
- Pension Myths: Common Misconceptions About Pension Plans
Rod Diaz serves as Manager of the Retirement Plan Services Unit for HBKS Wealth Advisors. Prior to that Rod served as Manager of Retirement Plan Services for McKinley Carter Wealth Services.
Early in his career, Rod was an Investment Banking Analyst for Parker/Hunter and later as their Syndicate Manager. He worked on taking public several Pittsburgh area companies including Carnegie Group, Matthews International, Industrial Scientific, Tollgrade, Lifecor, Piercing Pagoda, Aqua Penn, and Alpha Net Solutions.
Later on, Rod was a Financial Advisor and founding member of a Wealth Management team within Parker/Hunter. There he built a Corporate and Executive Service group to facilitate stock option exercise programs, employee stock purchase plans and retirement plans. In 14 years this group went from managing five retirement plans to sixty plans. His team ultimately managed $400 million in personal wealth and $100 million in retirement plans.
Rod holds a bachelors degree in Architecture from the University of Notre Dame and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University. He has also successfully completed the Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist Designation Program (CRPS) and is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary Advisor (AIFA).