Articles from Donna Kline
- It’s That Time of the Year Again: RMD Decision Time
- Financial Planning at Divorce: Finding the Way to Sustained, Equitable Lifestyles
- Employee Stock Awards, Restricted Shares, and Divorce
- A Few Tips for Women Returning to the Workforce After a Divorce
- Getting a Divorce? Avoid Making These Five Most Common and Costly Mistakes
- Financial Solutions for a Restructured Family
- Special Needs Children and Divorce: What You Need to Know
- Financial Planning Amidst Market Uncertainty
- Looking to De-clutter Your Life? Start with Your Investments
- Health Insurance and Divorce: How Will One Affect the Other?
- Getting divorced? Engage a Financial Advisor.
- Money Matters are a Family Affair
- Not All Assets Are Created Equally
- A Sophisticated Con Almost Nails My Dad
- The Power of Independence
Donna Kline, MBA, CDFA®, CDC®Senior Financial Advisor
Donna Kline combines experience as wealth manager, a proven approach to long-term financial planning and the unique skills of a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA®) to help a divorcing client understand and address the associated financial issues and helping them in obtaining a fair and equitable divorce settlement. She directs the HBKS® CDFA® practice out of the firm’s Pittsburgh offices. She is trained in the collaborative legal process as well as mediation. Donna is also a Certified Divorce Coach® through the CDC Board of Standards®. This complements her existing designation of a certified financial divorce analyst. With these two designations, Donna is able to guide her clients through the challenging aspects of divorce, both personal and financial.
As a CDFA®, Donna helps her clients understand the impact of divorce on their financial portfolios, how their outlook for retirement might have changed, how they can properly obtain insurance for support and payments, and how they can streamline the financial aspects of the process so all parties are able to move on and begin building their new lives. Her deliverable: a documented recommendation for an equitable settlement.
As a senior financial advisor, Donna is dedicated to helping individuals and businesses develop financial and investment strategies that align with their specific investment needs, financial objectives and individual risk tolerance. Her mission is to provide each client with comprehensive financial advice delivered with the highest level of personal service and professional integrity.
Donna’s background includes seven years in Chicago as a derivatives broker, the first woman at her firm to hold such a position. Ms. Kline then went on to help build the morning financial news program at Bloomberg Television in New York City. She was their on-air Financial Markets and Economics Editor for three years. Ms. Kline vacated her position to raise her two daughters as a stay-at-home mom. In 2013, she returned to her profession managing Wells Fargo Advisors’ CDFA® initiative out of the Pittsburgh office. She joined HBKS® Wealth Advisors in 2015.
She is the author of Fundamentals of the Futures Market, published by McGraw-Hill in 2000, and has contributed numerous articles to various magazines, including Futures Magazine and Bloomberg Businessweek. Ms. Kline is a member of the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, The Collaborative Law Association of South Western PA (www.clasplaw.org), The Pittsburgh North regional Chamber (www.pghnorthchamber.com, The Woman’s Business Network, Christian Business Partners and volunteers as a Mentor for the Center for Women.
Donna holds a Bachelor of Science in Genetics from University of California at Davis, and an Masters of Business Administration from Santa Clara University.